The Autumn Launch: The Lineup
Join us for a free evening of art, craft and culture as we celebrate the launch of our Autumn Exhibition.
Be the first to see our new collections, browse our creative pop-up's and shop independent, with original artwork from more than 250 artists, designers and makers.
Highlights this autumn include award-winning illustrator and author Catherine Rayner with her largest solo show to date; 2017 Open Contemporary Young Artist Award winner Megan Rea unveils a collection of architectural inspired paintings and models; we launch STRUCTURE, a jewellery show exploring shape & form; and we present new gifts and homewares in our contemporary craft space.
On the night...
- Enjoy a complimentary drink on arrival
- Book signing with headline artist Catherine Rayner
- Live painting in the gallery with landscape painter Stephen Heward
- Kate Trouw Jewellery chats about her creative processes
- Brush lettering demonstration with The Crafthood
- Monoprinting demonstration from printmaker Mike Moor
- Curated collection of titles by Forum Books
- Photobooth pop-up - use our props to dress up as a famous artist and have your photo taken by The Bigger Picture. Photographs will be posted on social media afterwards for visitors to enjoy!
- Independent pop-up's, including The Lanterne Rouge Belgian Beer Cafe in The Factory Kitchen and autumn cinnamon cider cocktails in Artisan's courtyard. More TBC.
Food & Drink
- Bar snacks, beers, wines, spirits and prosecco from The Factory Kitchen. Plus, try out their rooftop terrace!
- Modern British menus from our fine dining restaurant Artisan. Try our a la carte, Fish Friday or Prix Fixe menus!
WHEN: Friday 7 September
WHERE: The Biscuit Factory, 16 Stoddart Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 1RL. Find us 5 minutes walk from Manors Metro or 10 minutes walk from Jesmond Metro.
Our launch event is FREE to attend but please let us know you're coming by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org. All RSVP's will be entered into a prize draw to win tickets to our Evening with Catherine Rayner event.
Free entry, all welcome.
Can't make it on the night?
Keep an eye on our social media feeds for a peek behind the scenes, exhibition walk arounds and an exclusive first look at our new artwork.